Smoked Salmon & Caviar Salad
400 smoked salmon, finely sliced
1.2 kg kipfler potatoes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
500 g fresh asparagus, trimmed
100 g mesclun
25 g red caviar
1 (200 g) small avocado
1/4 cup (60 g) sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until just tender, drain and halve.
2. Preheat oven to very hot. Place potatoes cut-side up, on lightly oiled oven tray. Dizzle with oil, bake uncovered, in very hot oven for about 15 minutes or until crisp and brown, turning occasionally.
3. Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender, drain and cut spears in half crossways.
4. Cut salmon slices into strips
5. Divide avocado puree among serving plates, tp with potato, mesclun, asparagus, salmon and caviar.
Avocado Puree Preparation:
1. Halve avocado, discard stone. Scoop out flesh and chop coarsely, blend or process avocado with remaining ingredients until smooth.
Serve at room temperature.